Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Farewell Rooster

Lynn and I were deeply saddened to get the news from Steve, wG0AT, that Rooster had passed away. Rooster was more than "just a goat" he was a great companion to my good friends Steve and Pam.

I do not have the right words but am glad that I had the opportunity to hike with Rooster and enjoy his unique personality.

Peanut on the left and Rooster on the right
Lynn Goat and Rooster Goat tackle Blue Mountain

Nap Time

Rooster and Peanut always have a way of putting a mountain into perspective

My three hiking buddies

The last picture is one of my favorites and hangs on the wall of my shack. It was early in my SOTA career and I learned as much from Rooster as I did anyone else on how to get to a summit.

Rooster was a great mascot and ambassador to Ham Radio and Summits on the Air. He will be missed.

Godspeed Rooster.


No comments:

Post a Comment