Monday, March 9, 2015

New End Fed Antenna and Cheyenne Mountain

I have been playing with several different antenna designs and have been mostly unsuccessful but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often.

I made a simple L-C Matching network that is around 50 ohms so coax is not needed but can be added if desired. 

I housed the matching network in a pill bottle but will re-package it in a 35mm film canister from DBD (Days Before Digital).


It works well on 20 meters and the KX1 was able to tune it flat on 40 and 30 meters but I am positive it is very lossy by looking at the Reverse Beacon.

WG0AT and I took 4 hours to summit Cheyenne Mountain and it was brutal and fun at the same time.  Unknown to me is I started to get sick on the way down. I thought I had a headache from the altitude but it turned out to be a cold so I am at home resting for a few days.


Here is a very short video on the activation.



  


72, Frank
K0JQZ


No comments:

Post a Comment